Saturday, June 14, 2014



                                                    Chapter 10 Reflection


This chapter was chock full of information. What stood out for me was the "service learning." I enjoyed learning how to incorporate community service with instruction. I like how the needs of the community are met through this instruction.

Although the children I work with are young, we could do some planning and visit the senior residence which is next door. This would allow the children to visit with other people and show a sense of caring. This would also bring a smile to the seniors who would probably enjoy visiting with the little ones.
Perhaps around the holidays, I could coordinate some songs for the children to sing for them and bring some cookies to share.

Considering that the senior residence is part of our community, it would be a great community piece for the children.

I also enjoyed reading about the Constructivist Views of Learning. I fully embrace this philosophy and believe that social interactions among students is important as well as they are invested in their own knowledge. Some of the constructivists we have learned about in this class have been Piaget, Vygotsky and Montessori.

No comments:

Post a Comment