Monday, June 23, 2014



Cluster 2 C-E-R

Differences between Piaget and Vygotsky:

Here is a concept map that I did on the differences between on Piaget and Vygotsky.


https://bubbl.us/?h=20ea24/42db97/219dCO0.1r58I&r=2115332418

According to Vygotsky, much important learning by the child occurs through social interaction with a skillful adult. The behaviors that this adult models, whether a parent or teacher, provides verbal instructions for the child. The child then internalizes this information.

The age range that I chose was 3-6 years old. Montessori called this the sensitive periods. This is a great age where the children enjoy activity. The balance beam, carrying objects and movement games. I also noticed at this age that the children have a great sense of concentration, coordination, order and independence. The sense of order would be the child putting away his work on the shelf he took it from. Children like their environment to be orderly. You can see each child concentration on their work. The independence is challenging yourself and doing the work for yourself and by yourself.

I chose to look at bilingual education. Because I work in a school with high Hispanic population, it is important to me to have the tools I need to help communicate with the children. For many, it is there first school experience. These were the websites that I found for ESL/ELL learners.

www.nabe.org/BilingualEdu.
sitemaker.umich.edu/370blinged/home
www.bilingualeducation.org/
www.bei.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment