Monday, June 9, 2014



I enjoyed reading Chapter 8 as I learned a lot about short term and long term memory.

Short term memory just stores the immediate memory information which is about 20 seconds. 

Long term memory holds information that is learned like the names of people you know.

We did a task in class where Dr. Smirnova had us listen to information about Russia. We were to listen carefully to the information. I enjoy history and enjoyed learning about Russia, but was anxious to find out what the next step would be. 

We had to write down everything that we remembered from what was read. The task was more difficult than it seemed. I could remember a few things, but as time went on, I found myself struggling to remember the littlest details that I thought I remembered. I know see how short term memory works.

I especially enjoyed learning about Declarative knowledge, Procedural knowledge and Self-regulatory knowledge.

Declarative knowledge - "knowing that"
Procedural knowledge - "knowing how"
Self-regulatory knowledge - knowing how to manage your learning. This is also known as conditional knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment